Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It is time I blaug. Here's the thing though. Andy, you are soooo hard to follow. This is my poor attempt (but attempt nonetheless) to contribute. Since "Memories" has been the theme recently, I decided to take a walk down my OWN lane and share a random (first one I flipped to) entry from one of my journals. No alterations. These spelling and grammar errors are legit (except for any missing "g's." My dinosaur computer has a thing against typing them out on first try)! I got a kick out of reading what was important to me that January 9th in 2005. I hope you are just as amused following my 18 year-old psyche as I was.

Dear Journal,

I ran over a squirrel two days ago with the car. I felt so bad. It was the first animal i've run over so far. I hope it never happens again. It was gross. I am back in school now, after my Winter Break (that was a nice two week break :)). We are reading Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain right now. It was an interresting; however sometimes I don't know what Huck is sayin because he talked like he is from Mississippi. We watched a movie in class about the controversy in it. Many are deffencive over the use of the "N" word. I must not really know the true derogative feeling that comes from it, because I don't see what all the fuss is about. These parents (a while ago), were trying to get it banned from required school reading lists. The "N" word was able to be used back then and not be found "shocking." Now it has a more negative ora, but considering Mark Twain's time, the book should not be banned because of terms used in a different time period. I don't know, purhaps I am bein too insensitive about it all.

Last night I went to my Zion winterball. It was a winterball for my choir (Zion Choir - the church one...). We had one, because one of our performances landed on a lot of our winterballs. So a girl in my choir named Rachael Frietas planned the whole thing and delegated jobs to everyone in the choir. There were a lot of people from the choir that were missing, but it was fun anyway. I wore a beautiful outfit. It was so cute. My sister Kelly, saw my dress at goodwill (a thrift store) it was $5. Then she bought me the most gorgeous shoes ever at Nordstrom Outlet for $35. THen we went to macys together and bought myslef a cute jacket (the dress was spagetti strapped), THen we went to anchor Blue and bought some flowers to match. The dress is orange (the pretty orange) with a little bit of orange shear at the bottom. It was spaetti strapped. It was a little big at the top (because I am lacking a little something there :)) So I safety-pinned the traps together, which made it a halter-top, and tighter (perfect :)). Oh, the dress went a little past my knees, and was"A" shaped (it flared out). My shoes were 3 1/2 - 4in heels; clear on the heel, silver on the shoe. It had one band that went right across the back of my toes (right avoce the ball of my foot). On the band, there were different lacquors and shapes of silver beads. The band was about an inch wide. (They hurt after a while...I danced bare-foot). My jacket was the peice of my atire that made it so cute. It was a bright lime reen. It was long sleeved (I pulled it up so it was 1/4 sleaved) and went down to the bottom of my lungs. I had buttoned the 2nd & 3rd to last bottens, which made it look like I filled my dress - and because it was cute that way. It had a pink butterfly on the left side, but I did not like it. So I cut it off and added a green flower. To finish my outfit, I put a green flower (there were two - one for my jacket, one for my hair) in my hair. I looked so cute, and got many compliments. I ot to dance with Brad Gill. He is so cute (and he is a ood dancer...when I say that, I mean he is not afraid to dance like me, and looks good doing it...hopefully like me). However, before the dance, nothing was really going well. To give a few examples, my shoe and flowers fell in a puddle, I got yelled at by another driver on the road, I was 45 minutes late going to Ariane Black's house because my mom needed the car (Britta Harline, Emily Kuykendall and I were oing over there before the dance to eat pizza and get ready together), and I could not find french bread to buy for the dance. But good thing it turned out well. I had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment